PRINCE2® Practitioner in English
The PRINCE2 Practitioner course provides you with extended knowledge of the PRINCE2 methodology and will prepare you for passing the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam.
The course takes place on day four and five of our combined PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner course.
• Reinforce prior PRINCE2 knowledge
• Focus on the practical application of the methods covered
• Apply PRINCE2 principles, processes and themes to specific cases
• Answer questions regarding the PRINCE2 method and how it is used for managing projects
• Prepare for, and pass, the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam
The course builds on your understanding of the PRINCE2 methodology and introduces the seven principles, seven processes and seven themes that are central to managing projects in a PRINCE2 environment. Furthermore, you will learn how to apply the methods in various project scenarios. Upon successful completion of the exam you will receive the recognized PRINCE2 practitioner qualification.
You are experienced within the PRINCE2 project management method and you have already passed the PRINCE2 Foundation exam.
It is of great advantage if you have experience within project management, especially with the PRINCE2 method. Furthermore, you must have passed either of these exams:
• PRINCE2 Foundation 5th or 6th edition (2009 eller 2017)
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
• IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
• IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
• IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
• IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
• Individual IPMA chapters have local interpretations of these certificates, e.g. in the UK the APM is the IPMA chapter. The APM Level D certification is their APM Project Management qualification.
A welcome package will be sent to you approximately three weeks prior to the beginning of the course. The package includes a pre-course workbook and 2 Practitioner sample exams. The expected workload prior to the start of the course will be 10 – 15 hours.
As you may bring the PRINCE2 manual to the exam we recommend that you have this manual or buy it before the course as you may get questions at the exam that earlier versions of the manual do not include.
The course is held as an extension of the three-day Foundation course and will last for two days with teaching taking place from 9.00 – 17.00 and 9.00 – 12.00 on the first and second day respectively. Please be aware that evening work will be required and that, as a participant, you are fully expected to actively participate in exercise sessions during the course. The exam will take place on the second day from 13.00 – 15.30. Accommodation is not included.
All participants will be given 2.5 hours to complete the concluding Practitioner exam. The exam will consist of a case with 68 questions, split into 8 main questions, each with 10 sub-questions. A minimum of 38 points (55%) out of the total 68 points are needed to pass the exam. The exam is conducted online and participants can bring the PRINCE2 manual for guidance.
All exams are marked by the exam institution and you can expect to receive your results within two working days after completion of the exam. Upon successful completion of the exam you will receive your certificate via e-mail.
After 3 years your Practitioner certification expires, and you will need to retake the exam.
If you are PRINCE2 5th edition (2009) certified your certification is valid for 5 years.
• Consolidation of PRINCE2 knowledge mainly by thorough inspection and application of the PRINCE2 methods and the seven processes linked to managing projects with this method
• PRINCE2 principles and themes and how these can be applied during projects
• Being able to link principles, processes and themes to real-world project scenarios
• Discussion of the theoretical and practical application of the PRINCE2 method
• PRINCE2 Practitioner exam preparation
• Review of typical exam questions related to respective key areas of the PRINCE2 manual
• Effectively making use of the exam-time
• Sample exams and feedback
Our trainers are highly experienced consultants, actively providing advice and assistance in relation to project, programme and portfolio management. This means they bring both a high level of practical experience and theoretical knowledge to the course.
The course is held either in Danish or English. Course materials, certificate and manuals are available in Danish and English.
Choose your language when signing up.
• PRINCE2 Practitioner pre-course workbook and 2 sample exams
• Comprehensive course materials available for future referencing
• PRINCE2 Practitioner exam
• Lunch, coffee and tea during the course
Want to know more?
Contact us at 35 26 28 80 or email@example.com