MoP® Foundation in English
This course is only held in English as a company course. The open course will be in Danish, but with English material and English exam – click here to see course dates.
• Understanding the context of portfolio management and its contribution to effecting organizational change
• Clarifying how portfolio management relates to programme, project and change management
• Understanding the benefits of applying portfolio management
• Ability to define the scope of the portfolio and the mechanisms for collecting portfolio level information across the organization
• Understanding the factors that define the entry and exit criteria for the portfolio, and identifying how these are to be communicated to the relevant stakeholders
• Knowledge on how to create the information flow between projects, programmes, change initiatives and the portfolio, and ratifying this information against emerging strategic objectives
• Ability to create the reporting structure that ensures that the information from the portfolio is used when reviewing initial project ideas and for defining the interdependencies between projects and change initiatives
• Passing the MoP Foundation exam
Participating in the MoP Foundation course will provide you with detailed knowledge of the best practice principles and processes that enable defining and delivering a portfolio. You will learn techniques to analyse and prioritise change initiatives as well as reporting tools to ensure impactful progress reporting to stakeholders. You will also gain an understanding of how existing processes for risk, finance, resource, and communications management are applied to portfolio management.
This course is relevant if you or your organisation need a practical approach to managing your project portfolio based on best management practice. You may be a manager, have a support function, or be a part of a support function, which requires that you have a detailed understanding of various aspects of the portfolio management discipline.
It is recommended that you have a reasonable understanding of strategic planning within your organization, as you may be asked to work through you own examples as part of the course.
Approximately three weeks before course start, you will receive the official MoP manual and a precourse workbook including exercises. The pre-course workbook consists of exercises and recommendations of relevant reading in the manual. We recommend that you spend an estimated 15 hours going through the pre-course work book prior to your participation in the course.
The course is held as an intensive 3-day daytime course from 9.00 to 16.00 all days.
As participant you are expected and encouraged to contribute actively during the course activities which will alternate between practical exercises and theoretical reviews.
The course concludes with a 40-minute Foundation exam. The exam consists of a multiple choice paper of 50 questions. In order to pass the exam, you must have minimum 25 correct answers. You will receive your exam result immediately after the exam. Upon a successful result, you will subsequently receive your certificate by mail.
Evening work during the course will be required.
• Scope and objectives of portfolio management and how it differs from programme and project management
• Benefits from applying portfolio management
• Context within which it operates
• Principles upon which successful portfolio management is based
• Approaches to implementation, the factors to consider in maintaining progress, and how to assess the success of portfolio management
• Purposes of the portfolio management definition and delivery cycles and their component practices, and relevant techniques applicable to each practice
• Purpose and key content of the major portfolio documents
• Scope of key portfolio management roles
• MoP Foundation exam preparation
• Review of typical exam questions, mapped against key areas of the MoP manual.
• How to structure your time during the exams
• Practise examination multiple-choice questions
Trainers and language
Our trainers are highly experienced consultants, actively providing advice and assistance in relation to project, programme and portfolio management. This means that they bring both a high level of practical experience and theoretical knowledge to the course. Trainers and course materials are accredited.
The course is held in English. Materials and exams are only available in English.
• The official MoP manual
• MoP Pre-course Workbook
• Comprehensive course materials useful as a reference guide after the course
• MoP Foundation exam
• Lunch, tea and coffee during the course
Want to know more?
Contact us at +45 3526 2880 or through email@example.com