MSP® Practitioner in English
The requirements for programme management have never been greater. And when taking the global digitalisation, high-speed changes, and the increased focus on agility into account, it is only natural that a best practice like Managing Successful Programmes is updated. With MSP, you are equipped to lead programs in a modern and ever-changing world. Peak Consulting Group is among the first to introduce the updated MSP version 5 to the Danish market. This means that you will now get the latest version on our intensive course, which gives you a comprehensive knowledge about MSP, enables you to pass the MSP Foundation exam and not least equips you with tools to implement a proven and effective best practice in your organisation
What does the update include?
Unlike the previous version from 2011, the format has been rewritten and modernized to be even more framing and can also handle an iterative and cyclical progress towards the future state you wish to create. However, the basic structure remains the same, and the focus remains on supporting value creation and profit realization, which typically does not happen in linear processes in complex organizations.
The focal point is still principles, themes, and processes. However, the changes from versions 4 to 5 are so significant that an MSP version 5 Foundation must have been passed to continue to MSP Practitioner. This means that if you have a certification in MSP Foundation version 4 and would like to be certified as a Practitioner, this requires a brand-new MSP Foundation certification.
• You gain an understanding of the MSP method’s approach by building on the course participant’s own experiences and knowledge within the change processes
• You will gain an understanding of how MSP can be added to your own settings and undertake practical exercises
• You obtain a respected and recognized program management certification
• You will be equipped to pass the MSP Practitioner exam.
The course gives you thorough knowledge and insight into the MSP framework tool, including the documentation needed to be produced during the life cycle of a program. Upon a successful completion of your exam, you will be accredited as Managing Successful Programmes Practitioner.
The course is for those who want an in-depth knowledge of MSP and want to work with programme management. You are involved in programs as e.g., program manager, program delegates, or an experienced project manager. If you are a senior executive, program owner, change agent or change manager, you will also benefit from the course. You can also be a project manager wanting further to develop your skills and strengthen your personal career opportunities.
This course is relevant if you have already passed the MSP Foundation exam (be aware that you must have an MSP Foundation version 5) before completing the Practitioner course and exam.
• Introduction to MSP and definition of a programme and the essential components an MSP programme consists of.
• Overview of the principles that form the foundation in MSP, as well as how the 7 principles are used during the programme’s life cycle
• MSP-life cycle: A review of the processes in a programme
• MSP Practitioner exam preparation with a review of typical exam questions related to key areas of the MSP manual
• How to structure your time during the Practitioner exam
• Review of mock exams and feedback on these.
Approximately three weeks before the start of the course, you will receive a pre-course workbook. The workbook consists of tasks you need to do before starting the course and recommendations of relevant reading in the manual. We recommend that you have reviewed the case and the pre-course workbook, which is expected to take about 20 hours.
Form of Teaching
The course is an intensive 2-day daytime course without overnight accommodation. As a participant, you are encouraged to actively contribute during the course, which alternating between theoretical reviews and exercises. The theory will be reviewed with practical examples. You will also have the opportunity to test your progress against test exam papers.
Our trainers are highly experienced consultants, actively providing advice and assistance concerning project, programme, and portfolio management. They bring both a high level of practical experience and theoretical knowledge to the course. A danish accredited teacher runs the course. Certification, manual and materials are in English.
The course ends with a Practitioner exam, and by passing the exam you will receive an MSP Practitioner certification
• Two-and-a-half hours’ duration
• To pass, you will need to answer 42 questions correctly.
• It consists of 70 questions
• The exam is paper-based and with aids
• MSP Practitioner pre-course workbook in English
• MSP Practitioner exam
• Comprehensive course materials useful as a reference guide after the course.
• Lunch, tea and coffee during the course