SAFe® 5.1 Advanced Scrum Master with SASM Certification in English
This course is only held in English as a company course. The open coursewill be in Danish, but with English material and English exam – click here to see course dates.
At this 2-day course, we go into the Scrum Master in depth, and you will learn more about how you facilitate and coach agile teams, and how you as a Scrum Master contribute to changing the organisation during a SAFe transformation.
In order to fill in the role as a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master, the participants must be able to:
• Use SAFe principles for facilitation, execution and instructions in scaled agile programs
• Build up a high-performance team and drive continuous improvements
• Address anti-patterns in Scrum and SAFe
• Be able to use Kanban and XP for optimizing the flow and improving quality and productivity
• Work with development methods, DevOps and agile architecture
• Facilitate program planning, execution and delivery
• Learn continuously via participation in Communities of Practice and innovation
The course will provide you with an understanding of how you as a Scrum Master can make the SAFe principles operative, both in the individual team as well as at program level. We enrich Scrum with an introduction to scalable design, DevOps and Kanban and will take a look at how you cooperate with Architects, Product Managers and other key stakeholders in an Agile Release Train or the company as a whole. We will also go into specific tolls for teambuilding and how to identify and address anti-patterns in the team, the program and the business.
The course addresses persons who have already been working as Scrum Master for a while – with or without course and certificate – perhaps as part of an Agile Release Train. The participant may not have been working with SAFe before and is interested in knowing what the Scrum Master role entails in this framework.
Everyone is welcome to participate in the course, regardless of experience. One or more of the following certificates are strongly recommended:
• SAFe®5 Scrum Master (SSM) certificate
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certificate
• Professional Scrum Master (PSM) certificate
Approx. 3 weeks prior to the course, you will receive a welcoming mail with instructions on how to prepare best. Preparations are not mandatory, but we recommend that you spend a couple of hours or more, depending on your current knowledge.
After the course, you have 30 days for taking the exam, and during this period we recommend minimum one day’s revision.
The course is a 2 days’ intensive workshop from 9:00 am to 5. 00 pm without lodging. Please note that evening assignments may occur.
You are expected to participate actively at the course, which includes group assignments of varying duration, where you will have the opportunity to discuss and share ideas and examples.
• Exploring the Scrum Master role in the SAFe enterprise
• Applying SAFe Principles: A Scrum Master’s perspective
• Exploring Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
• Facilitating program execution
• Improving flow with Kanban and XP
• Building high-performing teams
• Improving program performance with Inspect and Adapt
The course will give you access to the SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master(SASM) exam, which is a multiple-choice test that you can take on-line up to 30 days after the course. After the course, you will have access to taking an exam as well as a test exam on the SAFe community platform. Once you have passed the exam, you will become a certified SAFe® 5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) and will receive a digital diploma as well as a digital badge.
Teacher and language
Our accredited teachers are experienced within counselling, coaching and management in agile teams, programs and portfolios. They combine practical experience with great knowledge about and an in-depth understanding of methods and theories. The course takes place in Danish and the materials are in English.
The price includes:
• Course material
• SAFe®5 Advanced Scrum Master (SASM) exam
• 1 year’s membership of the SAFe Community Platform
• Course certificate
• Lunch, coffee/tee during the course
Participants must participate both days in order to qualify for the exam.
Do you need more information?
Please contact us by telephone 35 26 28 80 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org