SAFe® 5.1 DevOps in English
This 2-day course gathers participants across the entire value stream and provides them with an understanding of and the tools for analysing and optimizing how to create maximum value throughout the development pipeline, from idea to operation and maintenance.
After the course, the participants will be able to:
• Understand why DevOps is a prerequisite for achieving strategic goals
• Use SAFE’s CALMR approach to DevOps to ensure the correct processes before you automate
• Understand how good DevOps includes continuous exploration, integration, deployment and release
• Incorporate test and security as ongoing elements in your development pipeline
• Use value stream mapping for measuring flow and identifying bottlenecks
• Be able to make strategic decisions in relation to which DevOps competences and tools to use
• Prioritise DevOps measures and investments that will result in maximum value
• Prepare and implement a DevOps implementation plan adapted to the organisation
• Cooperate with all roles at all levels within the organisation in order to optimize the value stream continuously
You will learn what DevOps is, why it is important for each role and to design a development pipeline customised for your company. As a participant, you will be working in groups across functions in order to identify your company’s current value stream from idea to execution, to identify bottlenecks and to build up a specific and practicable implementation plan that will accelerate DevOps in your organisation.
The course addresses all roles in an Agile Release Train across the value chain. A DevOps mindset is a matter of mutual understanding of how you create value and how you optimize flow, all the way from idea to operation and maintenance. The course also addresses persons who are curious about DevOps and seeks an understanding of how it may help your organisation and especially how you can start implementing it.
Everyone is welcome to participate in the course with no previous DevOps or SAFe experience.
Approx. 3 weeks prior to the course, you will receive a welcoming mail with instructions on how to prepare best. Preparations are not mandatory, but we recommend that you spend a couple of hours or more, depending on your current knowledge.
After the course, you have 30 days for taking the exam, and during this period we recommend minimum one day’s revision.
The course is a 2 days’ intensive workshop from 9:00 am to 5.00 pm without lodging. Please note that evening assignments may occur.
You are expected to participate actively at the course, which includes group assignments of varying duration, where you will have the opportunity to discuss and share ideas and examples.
• Introducing DevOps
• Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
• Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
• Building quality with Continuous Integration
• Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
• Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
• Taking action
The course will give you access to the SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) exam, which is a multiple-choice test that you can take on-line up to 30 days after the course. After the course, you will have access to taking an exam as well as a test exam on the SAFe community platform. Once you have passed the exam, you will become a certified SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) and will receive a digital diploma as well as a digital badge.
Teacher and language
Our accredited teachers are experienced within counselling, coaching and management in agile teams, programs and portfolios. They have great knowledge about and an in-depth understanding of methods and theories. The course takes place in Danish and the materials are in English.
The price includes
• Course material
• 1 year’s membership of the SAFe Community Platform
• Course certificate
• SAFe DevOps Practitioner (SDP) certificate at the passed exam
• Lunch, coffee/tee during the course
Participants must participate both days in order to qualify for the exam.
Do you need more information?
Please contact us by telephone 35 26 28 80 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org